Is it ok for my teacher to be able to hold me or other students four minutes before lunch if we go to the bathroom?

So our fourth our English teacher has a rule where if you go to the bathroom you have to spend 4 minutes in her classroom the next day after 3rd hour before you go to lunch personally I don't feel like that's fair because what do a natural thing and we're basically getting punished to do what comes naturally to our body someone please like to explain if this is okay or not I just want to make sure that she's and she's not doing anything wrong or if she is doing something wrong. Sorry for any spelling mistakes I'm on mobile and I'm voice text.

she is trying to give you a bladder infection and a uti

She is trying to encourage you to manage your time more wisely.

There's no reason you can't go to the bathroom BEFORE class.

She is trying to prevent people from abusing their bathroom privileges,

by wandering out of the class any time they feel.

• Jane1 month agoReport

Most kids have 5 minutes or less to get to their next class, my high school did and each period was about 2 hours long lol can't really blame the student's for not wanting to be counted tardy.

It is ok because you teacher knows that you really don't have to go to the bathroom, you just want an excuse to leave class. She is trying to deter people from just wandering around and leaving class. This shouldn't be a problem as you should have some emergency happen that you need to leave class more than once or twice a year. If you do, I suggest seeking medical attention or other professional help.

• bluebellbkk
      1 month agoReport

James, you still haven't addressed the question of WHY you need to go to the bathroom so often during class, instead of BETWEEN classes. Don't waste time: get out of your previous class FAST, run to the toilet, then hurry to the next lesson. And you really should speak to a doctor.

A healthy person should be able to go 3-4 hours between trips to the bathroom. You're either drinking too much or there's something wrong with you if you can't do that. Kids use the bathroom as an excuse to get out of class- that's why she's doing that. 

• bluebellbkk
      1 month agoReport

So what about all your classmates, James? I repeat, if you have to go to the bathroom often enough that it's become a problem you really ought to visit a doctor.

• y

You took her time, now she is taking yours. Nothing wrong with it, students will end up learning to work their bathroom breaks around her class. Much like in the real world.

• bluebellbkk
      1 month agoReport

No, 'y' is telling you that in the grown up world it's not always possible to take a bathroom break just when you feel like it.

I used to have a teacher who had this rule: Every minute you are in the bathroom, you lose a minute from recess. Now mind, you this was in 4th grade.

Ask your teacher why that particular rule was created. The answer might surprise you. Case in point above: some kids played around instead of going and coming straight back.

She's trying to make you understand that you don't always HAVE to go to the bathroom in the middle of a lesson.

Of course it can happen that very occasionally you might have to.

But if you really do have to do this often, then you should see a doctor.

• James1 month agoReport

I understand that but even when we're not doing a lesson even if we're just working she'll make us take 4 minutes. If  we have a sub and go to the bathroom on the sub day she will still make us take 4 minutes out of our lunch time.