when should you put up christmas decor.?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The stores seem to put it up earlier each year. We can put a stop to this in our homes and just put them up after thanksgiving.

• 1 month ago

IN DECEMBER. OR AT THE VERY MAXIMUM LATE NOVEMBER.  Lately they have been putting Christmas **** up in early October or late September at the local bee hive (Walmart) I know that may not be a shock to most of you but my town is usually good about keeping Christmas crap off the local population until November but now it seems this rule is now becoming undone

• Scarlet1 month agoReport

There was a rule? One Xmas I got a temp job at an arts & crafts store to earn extra Xmas money, as you do. Apparently I'm good at slinging BS at customers as they asked me to stay on, worked around my real job. Anyway, I was shocked to discover we were putting together the Xmas aisles in AUGUST.

• 1 month ago

Certainly not till after Thanksgiving.

If it was entirely up to me, I wouldn't do it at all until Christmas Eve, but there's always pressure to do it earlier, so I start a few days before Christmas, and take it all down again on Jan 5 or 6.

But although my tree may be up and decorated, I don't actually switch its lights on till Christmas Eve.

• 1 month ago

I'd put it up sometime before Christmas.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

you should put it up the day after

thanksgiving

!!!! 

• 1 month ago

The day after Thanksgiving to December 1st 

• 1 month ago

I'd do it today if I were at home

• Ann
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Right after Thanksgiving is a good time.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Any time after Thanksgiving before Christmas day.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you do not take them down you do not have to worry about putting them up, problem solved

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Some decorations are only intended to be temporary and leaving them up may not be advisable, even if allowed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.