Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 1 month ago

Do I respond? I resigned from my job, gave 2 weeks notice & worked them. My boss is texting me 3 days after my last day...?

asking me questions about a project I worked on. She avoided me on my last day & didn't even say goodbye.

• denise

Just ignore her, its not your problem anymore.

She snubbed you on your last day,, NOW she needs to 'talk', Stuff her!

Yes, a decent person would respond.  Answer their questions and help as much as you can so that they can transition the job to another person.  If you are going to take attitude with them, then expect it back.

• Robert
      1 month agoReport

< she preceded to send harassing texts by saying she's disappointed in this that & the other thing > Remind her she had 2 weeks to do a turnover and get anything fixed at that time.  If it continues, don't answer or block her (blocking will definitely get her attention).

So I responded (trying not to burn bridges)saying that what we discussed was finished & in the file. She sent more texts tonight saying how shes disappointed in me...

• B
      1 month agoReport

she is trying to cover her tracks as it sounds like she miscommunicated and mismanaged her projects

I'd answer everything is in the file. If you talked to me prior to leaving you'd know that but, being a good boss you were not so work on that.

You are under no legal obligation.

You need not respond at all. They are obviously missing you already! You could always ask them to deposit a day's pay into your bank and then answer her questions. But if you were dissapointed with their attitude when you left you could either ignore them or tell them where to go.

• B
      1 month agoReport

her getting back to you is a code word for "it looks like I didn't communicate or manage correctly and now my boss is asking me and I just don't know any thing"

A couple quick questions?   I'd definitely answer.

If they want anything more than that, I'd probably offer to go into the office presuming I would be paid for my time. 

It wasn't possible to adequately transfer this project to someone else in your last two weeks?

• B
      1 month agoReport

offer to come in, for $75 an hour to answer any more questions

Answer a few questions, no big deal.  

• Eva

Answer them if it doesn't take a lot of time to do so. After the end of this week, if they continue to contact you, politely say that you no longer work there and had turned the project over to ________.

• Judy

Respond, once. Not if it continues.

• B
      1 month agoReport

in addition, offer to come in for $75 an hour to respond to any additional questions as your time has value obviously