Barb asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

whats safe drug for acid reflex ?

have acid reflex omapozole caused sromach pain any safe drug 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • k w
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I stumbled into using [sea-salt ] for it, it worked FAST, I had it so often I carried a little plastic vial in my pocket for it......just touched my tongue to a bit of it in the palm of my hand.....no longer need it....

• In
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I have been on Omeprazole 20mg for about 24 years after my 4 bleeding ulcers and will probably be on it for the rest of my life.  The pharmacy switched me once to the chemically equal Esomeprazole 40mg but I started having the old reflux symptoms and they switched me back.  Although Omeprazole did not work for you, talk to your doctor about alternatives until your find one that works for you.

• 1 month ago

It's reflUx... and those medications are ok for a short time, but they aren't good to take in the long-term.

Maybe you could research foods to avoid if you have acid reflux. You'll find info if you google it

• 1 month ago

Pepcid Complete works well. The generic form also works well. But you really just need to pay attention to what you eat and watch your food combinations.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Linda
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Ranitidine, prilosec, mylanta, peptobismol, tums, sucrafate, among many others.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It did the same to me. I take Nexium esomeprazole.

UK

• In
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I had the opposite reaction.

• 1 month ago

you can do a LOT for acid reFLUX simply by changing a few things.

Raise the head end of your bed at least 8 inches, with some wooden blocks. gravity can help keep stomach acids in your stomach. Extra pillows don't work the same.

Do NOT eat or drink the following within 4-6 hours of bedtime: spicy foods, sodas or any carbonated water, alcohol, greasy foods, pizza, tacos, or a huge heavy meal etc. Increase your intake of yogurt, the more simple the flavor the better. I opt for vanilla. ALL yogurts have good bacteria in them that is great for your stomach. Drink more plain water. Back off the caffeine and coffee. for some folks tea is also a culprit.

How do you know the omeprozole caused the pain and not gastritis? Not changing what you eat and drink with a bad stomach is like running around on  broken leg and expecting it to heal.

You HAVE to make some common sense changes.

• Tavy
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

It did the same to me and diarrhoea. 

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Well, there's always good old over-the-counter Tums.  But for an effective presciption drug, you should go to your doctor for advice.

• 1 month ago

ranitidine 75mg.

• 1 month ago

It's reflux, not reflex, and this is something you need to discuss with your doctor.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.