I NEED HELP LOOKING FOR A FIREWALL? I AM DRIVING MYSELF INSANE.?

I am looking for a firewall that I can implement on my home network, my router sucks at web filtering.This device must be able to block porn, monitor and filter for select devices while ignoring devices that do not need to be affected. This is due to the fact that I am on a shared network. This firewall must have the intelligence to block unauthorized proxy and vpn servers such as betternet, TouchVPN, Proxyninja and etc., This is a huge requirement. . I know that filtering can be applied on the end devices however they can easily be disrupted or tampered with. The most I am able to spend is 200 -220 depending. I am aware of pfsense, please recommend me a build for it.

Currently I have a Arris TG1682 (default xfinity router) ←---- I hate this thing

Ignore the question marks. 

sorry for the grammatical errors. 

• Dave
    Favorite Answer

You're not going to find anything remotely close to that, at that price point.

What did you end up using?

It sounds more like you just don't know how computers work.

A firewall doesn't analyze the content of a webpage, all it does is block network traffic. If you want to block VPNs then you need to target each individual VPN's IP. If you want to block porn, you need to target each porn webpage. etc... etc...

What you're probably really wanting is to setup a whitelist firewall, where you choose what sites to allow.

In the real world, what you're looking for doesn't exist. Your work computers don't have a magic bunny doing filtering, they have large blacklists built up and networking will occasionally look over logs to add more things to the blacklist.

• VP

Ok, tell us what you ended up using. That way if someone looks at your question in the future they'll have some idea what THEY can use.