Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 1 month ago

What’s the difference between off road tires and street legal tires?

I’m asking because people don’t use street legal tires for anything off-road so I ask myself why. I myself go off-road with my car anytime and it’s a Chrysler 300 is it bad I’m doing this?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Off road tires have a deeper, more open tread pattern for better traction when off road. They don't wear as well as street tires, and are often very noisy on the highway.

• 1 month ago

Off road tires are usually street legal. You can use whatever tires you like off road. It's not bad, non-off road tires just don't work as well.

• 1 month ago

All-terrain tires are used for traction on all kinds of surfaces, including on and off-road. They combine the open-tread design of off-road tires with the good handling of street tires. It’s important to remember that as this type of tires is all-purpose. So, it’s not the best option for people who drive only on highways and paved roads or only off-road.

• Dze
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

not sure the exact process, but its a matter of being DOT approved .. i actually have dot approved full knobbies on my enduro ...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.