Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 1 month ago

What’s the difference between off road tires and street legal tires?

I’m asking because people don’t use street legal tires for anything off-road so I ask myself why. I myself go off-road with my car anytime and it’s a Chrysler 300 is it bad I’m doing this?

Favorite Answer

Off road tires have a deeper, more open tread pattern for better traction when off road. They don't wear as well as street tires, and are often very noisy on the highway.

Off road tires are usually street legal. You can use whatever tires you like off road. It's not bad, non-off road tires just don't work as well.

All-terrain tires are used for traction on all kinds of surfaces, including on and off-road. They combine the open-tread design of off-road tires with the good handling of street tires. It’s important to remember that as this type of tires is all-purpose. So, it’s not the best option for people who drive only on highways and paved roads or only off-road.

• Dze

not sure the exact process, but its a matter of being DOT approved .. i actually have dot approved full knobbies on my enduro ...