Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Should I end my relationship with my boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I have been together for about a year. I'm been taking birth control pills and I think it's making me depressed and anxious. I've overcome depression and anxiety before, but now it's worse than ever to the point of suicidal thoughts. I've stopped it and waiting for my new medicine to come in, but the feelings of depression and anxiety are still here. I don't have any other support in this matter, but before any of this my boyfriend promised to support me in any way he could. But now he just doesn't, if anything he makes me feel worse when I feel too anxious to do something. As someone who has struggled with this before it makes me feel like if I ever became depressed again he wouldn't help me. I really love him, but it's so hard trying to battle depression by yourself while you're in a relationship. Any advice? 

• martin

You may be at the point in your relationship where you and your boyfriend both have to make decisions about marriage. If you continue too long avoiding having children, you eventually might break up, which would be a devastating trauma to you.

• LAN

Yes.  If you are so stupid that you ask strangers this question you shouldn't be in a relationship, you should be committed.