cut by sort of rusty bedframe?

a few hours ago i cut my finger on a sharp edge on my bedframe, it was a little rusty around it but i didn't see any rust on the part that cut me. i haven't had my tetanus shot in the last 10 years either. should i go to the doctor?

• Edna
    1 week ago

You won't  find tetanus in the rust on the rusty frame of a bed; not unless the bed frame was buried in contaminated soil. Tetanus isn't found in rust, per se. The bacteria that causes tetanus is found on rusty metal objects that have been covered in contaminated soil for years. The tetanus bacteria lives in contaminated soil.  

You can go to the doctor and get a tetanus shot, if you want to. It certainly can't hurt anything, but in your case it's not necessary. Slap some Neosporin and a Band-Aid on the cut on your finger and forget about it.

Rust is not the issue, a bacteria called Clostridium Tetani is the cause of Tetanus..

In my 46 years in medicine, I have seen only 2 cases.

Breath a sigh of relief.

Quit smoking, wear your seat belt , exercise and eat healthy.

• Pippin

One more time -- rust does not cause tetanus. The tetanus bacteria is anaerobic, meaning it lives and multiplied in injuries cut off the air. So the risk is almost exclusively from DEEP puncture wounds, whether caused by a rusty nail or a sharp piece of wood.

Not necessary. Tetanus is a danger from rusty items that have been outside, exposed to soil.

It's too late. You will die in the next hundred years.

1st the Vax is a scam.

2nd if you are not 80 years old and low oxygen in the blood you will not face any symptoms. 

Source(s): I know better.