Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 3 months ago

Am I pregnant?

I’ve been having weird symptoms. The last day of my period was October 19 my first time TTC (trying to conceive) was on October 21. The second time TTC was October 25. My symptoms in order cramping, spotting and headaches, heartburn. One day I was really emotional I cried thinking about how I love my husband while driving to work. White floaties in my urine never seen this in my life. I recently got a cold and I normally don’t get sick. I’m going to test on Friday I’m just curious any thoughts?

Not likely.  Your symptoms are NOT pregnancy symptoms and there is no point in testing until you've missed your period.  You are trying to conceive so you are think every little thing (real or imagined) means you are pregnant.  It doesn't.  

1. Get a book on conception and pregnancy.  Read it.

2. Use an ovulation calendar to identify your ovulation window based on the average length of your cycle.  My guess is that your ovulation window was between the 25th and 29th.  As a result, there's no point in taking a home urine test until at least November 15th.   

3.  While a woman could get pregnant any time she has unprotected sex, it generally takes couples 3-6 months to get pregnant even when using a ovulation calculator.  

Anyone in her child-bearing years can become pregnant. Honestly.

Any symptoms your head tells you you have are not due to pregnancy. Get a book on human reproduction and READ it, twice. And last of period means absolutely NOTHING

Take a test... early for symptoms though.

• Linda

It is too soon to test. Wait until Thanksgiving before you test.