I have found an $800 non-running 1984 Corvette. Is this a good deal? ?

I have found an $800 non-running 1984 Corvette. No rust. Is this a good deal for a quick flip? I am not looking to repair, but to wash and resell it right away. The engine and interior is complete. The interior is in pretty bad shape and it would for sure need new carpets. I am located in CA

depends on title status and market. quick flip for profit happens when initial buyer knows market, seller is motivated to sell. Was a article online about a $4000.00 'purchase to flip for' asking $8000.00 on a 1970 chrysler/dodge, offers were $200.00 to $400.00 and guy ended up crushing instead. Car was only worth $100.00/ton as scrap.  Best flip price with bad interior is a running engine, drivable around parking lot at least. You don't know this? worried about interior and carpets? - then you really don't know much about classic cars compared to rat rods. Does the engine turn over? Completely stuck?  What is scrap prices now at your local scrap yard?, China not buying close to chines New years- locally what was $200.00/ton mixed car body dirty last year  is now only $80.00/ton

It will be the biggest money pit you will have.  Stay away.

Being among the least desirable of all Corvettes, a base '84 in poor shape is most likely a bad choice for a "flip", all things considered, IMO. I'll bet years and years of back fees and penalties are due. Personally, I wouldn't be interested  in it for free, and I LOVE Corvettes. I own one........

Source(s): Vintage Corvette owner
  • JetDoc

By the time you pay to transfer the title and registration to your name so you can LEGALLY sell the car, there may not be enough profit left to make it worthwhile.

This does not even pass the smell test. If you can sell it as is for a profit then why so cheap? Is there a clean title, is the motor shot, what else is junk here. By asking this question means you don't know what your doing here so you had better pass.  

• Ron

Is it a good deal? Is it listed as non-op in the California dmv? Does it have a current smog certification? How much will it cost you  to get a title in your name so you can sell it?

• Mark

It might be a good deal if it hasn't been wrecked. Otherwise, you may be stuck with it.