29 year old dating 16 year old in uk?

Does amyone think its okay to date a 16 year old in the uk? im 29 and really started getting on with this girl at work always laughing together the only negative im having is the age gap. 

• 5 days ago

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm no i don't think amyone thinks it okay you chomo

1 week ago

Sure. The only problem you may run into is that she'll leave you sometime in her 20s. I see this happen to men in the U.S. all the time. They date 18 year old women and get dumped after they reach the age at which they may purchase alcohol.

• 1 week ago

16 is basically still a kid!!! You're almost 30!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seams like in the UK it's legal but if 16 year olds is what you're into, you're going to be living a sad life. I'm 19 and I wouldn't even be dating a 29 year old for ***** sake!!

• 1 week ago

That is so wrong 

well, imo it's yes, a bit creepy, but in the uk it's okay, in the states you'd be in jail. depends on her maturity level. and your motivations. if you just want a young piece of ***, then no. if you truly like and respect her, its fine in my book. 

• GB

In the UK, 16 is the age of consent  for having sex, but I can understand why her parents would not like her to be dating someone so much older. 

• Alan H

She is barely out of her childhood , and easily open to manipulation.   You would be much wiser going for an older woman

You are sick.  29 really and you can't even find anyone that is already an adult!  That poor kid has no clue how much of a loser you are because she thinks she is hot **** for catching the older man.

If you were in the USA, you would be going to jail.

• Tommy1 week agoReport

In most US States, even if they had sex, it would still be legal since the age fo consent in most US States IS 16!

I think I look kind of young so people may wonder about 30-50-year-old being with me.

• alan P

Times have changed.  Queen Victoria had her daughter Victoria engaged to the future German Emperor Fredrick when she was 14 and he was 23. They married a few years later.  There are lots of examples of this sort of thing happening but I think it would be best to keep this on a friendship level for now.  There is also the issue of having relationships with colleagues.  Does your employer have a policy about this?  Look what just happened to the head of MacDonalds.