have you ever misheard song lyrics and later found out they arent correct?

have you ever thought a song lyric was something totally different to what it really is? and no matter how odd or funny it sounded, you still assumed it was correct until you found out otherwise? please share lol

Favorite Answer

I've done that a million times, but the only example I can think of is The Cars' songs "My Best Friend's Girl." I thought he was singing "my best French girl" even though I knew it didn't make sense.

"She's my best friend's girl

But she used to be mine"

It wouldn't make sense for him to say she's his best French girl, and then say that she used to be his.

• Emdog

Paul Simon's Kodachrome: real lyrics are "I've got a Nikon camera, I love to take photographs...." I thought it was "I've got a mind for a camera, I love to take photographs..." I like my version better FWIW

It wasn't until I started collecting hockey cards and learned a little bit of French from the bilingual texts on the backs that I realized 'She's so funkulah' was actually the French for the Peter Gabriel song 'Games Without Frontiers'.

The correct lyric is 'jeux sans frontieres'.

This never happened to me, growing up with Hendrix and CCR, but theirs are two classic examples of misheard lyrics.

Purple Haze - 'Scuse me while I kiss the sky' misheard as ''Scuse me while I kiss this guy.'

Bad Moon Rising - 'There's a bad moon on the rise'  misheard as 'there's a bathroom on the right'.

• baby1 month agoReport

hahahaha that’s brilliant!!

• Mandy

I think we have all done that.

I hate it when I sing along with the radio and the singer sings the wrong words.