Allie asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 1 month ago

Can someone explain to me to me what a sonnet, villanelle, Pantoum or triolet poem is ? I dont understand how to write one.?

• denise

A sonnet is a 14 lined poem.

I presume a 'Triolet, has something to do with 3 verses or 3 lines per verse.

Sorry! no clue what the other two are?

There are quite a few strictly structured forms in poetry, many of them imported into English. The only way to understand them is to read some of them. You can easily find them online. Hint: Look up Shakespeare and Petrarch for sonnets, Dylan Thomas and Elizabeth Bishop for villanelles.

There are plenty of books and websites that explain all the details of the different forms of poetry. Are you telling me that none of those explains them better than some random Yahoo on Yahoo?

You're on the INTERNET, google each one and read what's described for them. We're not doing your homework for you.