Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 weeks ago

What book changed your life after you read it, and how?

Best Answer

The Wild Road by Gabriel King. I didn't realize how badly life went for stray cats. Since then I've had a water bowl outside (heated in winter) and a bowl of dry food for the local strays. I've done it now for almost 18 years. The local cats went from being bone thin to being healthy.

• 5 days ago

In all honesty, none. But David Morrell's. The Covenant of the Flame, got me thinking about religion and what people will do to protect their beliefs. I'm not a religious person.

• 7 days ago

The Outsiders I was getting bullied in school I had one friend. In English class we started reading the Outsiders. As corny as it sounds I felt like I could relate to the main protagonist Ponyboy a lot. After reading that my view changed  I decided that enough was enough I stood up to my bullies and made plenty of new friends. 

My Horrible Farts by Carlson Davidson (two -son names is always bad).

the Outsiders. Changed the way I viewed the world forever

God’s Healing Power - How meditation can help transform your life - by B K Jayanti

• RockIt

Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid, Douglas Hofstadter

I read it in high school.  It helped determine the university I attended.  It had a big influence on my deciding a college major.

Lust Lizard because Theo tells Molly that “we all want to be special,” in the sweetest way— and I felt both humility and humanity.  

• Porras

There have been quite a few which have made me think differently about things, and people throughout the years, but the one which stayed with me as I was growing up, well into my adulthood, was the Diary Of Anne Frank.

For obvious reasons.

• John

One of many was Zorba the Greek - definitely NOT the movie even though it isn't bad.  An elder helping a confused young man find his soul.