PJ P asked in PetsDogs · 2 weeks ago

How do i keep my puppy from eating turds?

35 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 week ago

i heard my friend deborah that if you freeze them and blend them with their dog food that it will cancel out their want for it via PEMDAS

• Joe
    Lv 5
    1 week ago

He learns from your example. If you stop he may stop.

• 2 weeks ago

There are things you can feed your dog to keep them from eating their own stool. If they're eating another dog's stool or a cat's stool, you'll have to feed it to whatever is doing the pooping. I've linked a product in the sources that could be used.

• 2 weeks ago

eat it first then it will learn it's all yours!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

Dogs have one of the most efficient digestive systems around. A dog can actually get nutrition from the waste of other animals. The fact your dog is eating it indicates either you are not feeding it enough OR that what you are feeding to the dog does not provide a complete diet. If the dog is less than one year old you need to be feeding it the proper type of puppy food, often based on the size of the dog.

• 1 week agoReport

That’s actually true

• 2 weeks ago

eat them yourself. problem solved. 

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Please use a shock collar.

• P
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

If you get your puppy wormed by a vet then it will stop eating turds! Eating turds whether its own or others  is a big sign your pup/dog has worms.

• Verulam
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

This isn't anything I've heard about ..... certainly it didn't apply to those of mine who'd do this.

• 2 weeks ago

Clean the turds up.

Leash your puppy when outside so you have more control of him.

If he's eating kitty crunchies, restrict his access to the kitty litter.

• 2 weeks ago

Add a few tablespoons of canned pumpkin to his food bowl each day. Pumpkin tastes good in food, but disgusting in dog poop. Add meat tenderizer to your dog's food (it will make the dog waste taste VERY bad).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.