Do college students prefer to eat home cooked style food or restaurant style food on regular basis?

Actually planning to start a tiffin service kinda business... So r college students like to eat home cooked food thought not of their own home... But the food with superb quality

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago
    Best Answer

A college student wants something fast, cheap, and easy. Seldom few know how to actually cook and those that do don't have the space OR time to do it. 4 years of constant work, studying, and learning really makes eating and cooking low on the priority list. I know I was going to mom's every Sunday, HUNGRY AS HELL because I was eating ramen, tuna, and yogurt every damn day because that's all I could prepare and afford. 

You want to appeal to college kids? Handheld, on the go, and cheap. No college kid can afford a $10-15 meal unless daddy is paying for everything. They eat out a lot, dollar menu-type stuff. On the rare occasion I got an extra $3, I went to McDonald's and had a "feast!" 

And it's not that they don't want it, again, it's because they can't afford it. So if you want to turn a profit, you have to crunch some numbers and do some testing of your market and see what appeals to them.

• 2 weeks ago

They eat what is cheap, they don't normally have a lot of discretionary cash.

• John
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

People have been trying to sell their restaurant/catered food as "mom's" or "home cooking" for as long as there has been restaurants and catering but hey, good luck with that.

• 2 weeks ago

It tends to vary but restaurant style food tends to be ordered.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Many eat what they can AFFORD. not high quality $10 a meal food.

• Linda
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

Home style food like mom makes would go over with many college students. Great idea and I wish you much luck!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.