Do college students prefer to eat home cooked style food or restaurant style food on regular basis?

Actually planning to start a tiffin service kinda business... So r college students like to eat home cooked food thought not of their own home... But the food with superb quality

Best Answer

A college student wants something fast, cheap, and easy. Seldom few know how to actually cook and those that do don't have the space OR time to do it. 4 years of constant work, studying, and learning really makes eating and cooking low on the priority list. I know I was going to mom's every Sunday, HUNGRY AS HELL because I was eating ramen, tuna, and yogurt every damn day because that's all I could prepare and afford. 

You want to appeal to college kids? Handheld, on the go, and cheap. No college kid can afford a $10-15 meal unless daddy is paying for everything. They eat out a lot, dollar menu-type stuff. On the rare occasion I got an extra $3, I went to McDonald's and had a "feast!" 

And it's not that they don't want it, again, it's because they can't afford it. So if you want to turn a profit, you have to crunch some numbers and do some testing of your market and see what appeals to them.

They eat what is cheap, they don't normally have a lot of discretionary cash.

• John

People have been trying to sell their restaurant/catered food as "mom's" or "home cooking" for as long as there has been restaurants and catering but hey, good luck with that.

It tends to vary but restaurant style food tends to be ordered.

Many eat what they can AFFORD. not high quality $10 a meal food.

• Linda

Home style food like mom makes would go over with many college students. Great idea and I wish you much luck!