the side of my big toe hurts should i be worried?

I had tight shoes and i’ve recently gotten a new pair, but the side of my left toe hurts whenever i touch it and it seems a little swollen. Should i be worried or nah

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Kyle
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago
    Best Answer

maybe wrap some ice around it.  if it doesn't get better for another couple days or a week, consider seeing a doctor.  maybe you have wide feet.  if it's been awhile, don't be afraid to have someone help measure your feet so you know you get a good fit.  

• 2 weeks ago

I wouldn't be worried about it-

Its most likely a sprain by moving it the wrong way, at worst its a broken toe. There's nothing that CAN be done to fix a sprain or a toe break, the best thing you can do is put ice on it to get the swelling down.

• 2 weeks ago

i would go see your doctor and get it checked out

• martin
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

You may have to admit you got the wrong size or style to fit your foot, and give the shoes to charity. Next time be more careful, buy a big wide size.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • don r
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

You should take the shoes to a shoemaker who will adjust the shoe to not pinch. By the way, there are normally 5 toes on each foot. It makes a difference which toe on your left foot hurts on the side. A bad fitting shoe can cause a lot of problems and if you don't correct those now, you may need surgery in the future. Ever hear of bunions and cords?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.