the side of my big toe hurts should i be worried?

I had tight shoes and i’ve recently gotten a new pair, but the side of my left toe hurts whenever i touch it and it seems a little swollen. Should i be worried or nah

• Kyle
    Best Answer

maybe wrap some ice around it.  if it doesn't get better for another couple days or a week, consider seeing a doctor.  maybe you have wide feet.  if it's been awhile, don't be afraid to have someone help measure your feet so you know you get a good fit.  

I wouldn't be worried about it-

Its most likely a sprain by moving it the wrong way, at worst its a broken toe. There's nothing that CAN be done to fix a sprain or a toe break, the best thing you can do is put ice on it to get the swelling down.

i would go see your doctor and get it checked out

• martin

You may have to admit you got the wrong size or style to fit your foot, and give the shoes to charity. Next time be more careful, buy a big wide size.

• don r

You should take the shoes to a shoemaker who will adjust the shoe to not pinch. By the way, there are normally 5 toes on each foot. It makes a difference which toe on your left foot hurts on the side. A bad fitting shoe can cause a lot of problems and if you don't correct those now, you may need surgery in the future. Ever hear of bunions and cords?