Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareAdd-ons · 1 month ago

Computers & Internet: Please help: can I plug a USB flash drive into my PC and download photos directly from the internet to the flash drive?

Or do I have to save the photos on the PC and then copy them to the flash drive?

Favorite Answer

Yes, you can: Format the USB flash drive, give it a drive letter, then go to your browser and set the default download map to that drive (or a directory on that drive). Before starting the download make sure your USB flash drive is inserted.

you'd have to change the save location to the flash drive ... if possible in your operating system

yes you can choose save as and target the drive

Yes, you can - just set up the Windows default to ask for each download where downloaded files will be stored

• Greg

The USB drive is like any other writable storage so you do not need to store photos on your computer first.  Save directly to the USB drive. 

I can on my iMac and you should be able to save them directly to the flash drive on a Windows PC. You will never know until you try.