Do they have programs for people that have just turned 18 and have nowhere to go?

I'll be turning 18 soon, and I need to leave my parent's house as soon as possible. I have nowhere to go, and I've never had a job because I couldn't find employment. There aren't many opportunities for young people where I am. If I don't figure something out, I'm going to end up on the streets. Any advice?


I'm in the U.S by the way. 

9 Answers

  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

    If you are in the USA, there is a program called Job Corps.  To be eligible you must be between 16-24.  They provide schooling/job training, housing, medical care, etc.  You have to meet certain requirements to qualify. 

    Here is their website.

    If that is not an option, then consider joining the military.

    If that is not an option, your best bet is to go to a school with a dorm.

  • 1 month ago

    Just the military.  If you don't want that, they stay where you are.

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    the military...

  • Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    try job corp or the military

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    You can live under the interstate.

  • 1 month ago

    Look for a job, get training that allows you to have a job.

    There is no place that keeps you going once you leave home - you're supposed to be standing on your own two feet financially at this point.

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    The military

    Homeless shelters

    Couch surfing

    College dorms

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    It consists of three (and an up and rising new method.)

    1. Commercial/Industry employment.

    2. University.

    3. Military.

    (4. Bumming, Walk About, "homeless fakery")

  • 1 month ago

    Anywhere in the world?

    Essentially - with no job and no income, you have no chance of private rentals anywhere.

    Unless your parents make you leave, you don't have to; and at 18 with somewhere to live, you're therefore not a priority for housing assistance.

    If they do throw you out, go to your local council / social services; emergency accommodation (if available) will generally be a bedsit at best

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.