Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsOther - Science · 1 month ago

Why are some boobs massive and some tiny, from an evolutionary perspective?

The purpose of the boobs is to feed children, so why are some so huge?

In evolutionary terms why would having larger breasts be more useful than having small ones?

• Favorite Answer

Size doesn't have a bearing on how much milk they can deliver.  They are largely a fat store.  In our hunter-gatherer days, having large fat reserves was useful in helping you survive famine.  If you get your food from the supermarket, it's a bit of an evolutionary dead-end.

The purpose of boobs is to make the female attractive to the male. Variations of genetics makes them vary in size, just as all other morphological features such as nose size, hair color, body shape and finger length vary in size.

• Zirp

Boobsize didn't stop anybody from procreating. Big boobs aren't more useful, nor less useful, than small ones

Because humans bypassed the normal progression of evolution centuries ago. The law of the jungle hasn't applied for generations, so all the possible variations in breast size have come into the world and propogated. I'm a living breathing example of that with my 34B's

I would think boob size is the luck of the draw you could say but big or small they all do the same job as for feeding children. 

• I assume it would be for lolz