Is my boss exploiting me?

I work in a business ( restaurant) basically he owns the restaurant. I work in the kitchen, and I try my very best I make bread every morning I do everything I'm supposed to do and I feel like all the work and effort I put into never gets appreciated he never praises me, on some occasions I get blamed for something I didn't do, not so long ago, he blamed me for throwing the vinegar bottle in the bin, which at that point I stuck up for myself and said I never touched it. I was crying because they way he spoke to me and shouted. I always feel like I'm not getting any respect from anyone and I'm not getting paid enough for my work I do. He overloads me with work which I manage to finish and I work hard, I'm made to feel inadequate. Anything that happens by accident I automatically get the blame for it, when it wasn't me in the first place, my boss is a jerk. What shall I do if my boss is exploiting me? Shall I just get another job?

Find another job...your boss will do whatever they can to get the most work out of you for as little as possible...thats their job. 

If you want praise...call your mom.  

No, your boss isn't exploiting you. You boss is just a jerk.  Yes, you should look for another job.

A lot of small business owners are not good bosses, because they have no training on how to treat employees.  You are not a slave or indentured servant.  If you don't like your working conditions, the business culture, pay, hours, or your boss' behavior, find a different job.  You also need to see that no one makes you feel something.  You are in charge of how you feel and respond to other people.  If you are a person who needs a lot of positive reinforcement, look for a job that provides that.  You might also want to work on your own feelings of self-worth.  You clearly know that you are a hard worker and good at your job.  Don't let someone else rob you of that.

• Eva

If you don't like it, leave. It's not your boss's job to make you feel good. Very rarely will you receive praise, much less on a daily basis. Some people are good to work for, others aren't. Crying on the job is not productive. Save the tears for when you are at home.

Yeah, get another job. It's really that simple. Some bosses are jerks.

• Tavy

You need to understand, you are no one special you are paid to do a job, everyone gets shouted at, that's life. You youngsters expect to be treated like gold, this is real life. Get over yourself.

No, your boss is not exploiting you.  He just has more important things to worry about than your feelings.  

• DEBS

No. Look up the word 'exploit.' You don't like his personality. If you don't like your job, then go find another one. Pretty simple.

• y

Get over it. Your boss is not exploiting you, this is what the real world is like. Especially in the restaurant industry.

Your boss is not exploiting you any more than bad bosses have done for centuries.  It's not fair, but assuming you don't work for a major restaurant chain that has an HR dept concerned about abusive bosses, there is not a lot you can do.

Yes, get a new job if you don't like it.

Yes, its illegal to force you to work at gunpoint.

Wait.