vicki asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 1 month ago

Personal autographed Dale Earnhardt Sr leather race jacket for sale.  How much do you think it’s worth?

How much do you think I should ask for an autographed Dale Earnhardt Sr leather race jacket?

It was HIS personal jacket. Unfortunately no proof unless you can get a DNA test off it.

He gave it to me in Atlanta, Ga in 1996.

I was his server all night at a night club, I was cold, he let me wear his jacket. At the end of the evening he said I could keep it and he signed it. The zipper is broken and the inside has rips, the jacket was already in this condition when he let me wear it. I didn’t want to destroy the integrity of it by having it fixed. 

It’s been stored in a shadow box ever since! 

I have more photos but it only allows me to post one. 

• martin
    Favorite Answer

You have to advertise this in NASCAR publications and organizations. Sooner or later, you will find a worthy buyer, which may be a racing association associated with a hall of fame type of business or perhaps NASCAR itself.

There are people who can examine the jacket, for a fee, and investigate - contact living people who were involved with the racing team at the time, learn if it was exactly what he would have worn at the time. And the signature can be authenticated, for a fee. If it can be verified that it was one of his personal jackets, it's something that might sell in the right auction for $1,000+++.

• vicki1 month agoReport

I know that this jacket is authentic because he personally gave it to me off his back and signed it. 
      I am just curious if there is a way to prove it incase someone was interested in purchasing it. It would be a worth a lot more if I could show proof. Thank you 

I'll give you nine bucks for it. Cash