Is there a way to get to NYC without paying the $15 toll to drive through the Lincoln tunnel ?
Feel like I got robbed today any other routes to midtown Manhattan ? Free or less expensive
- StephenWeinsteinLv 71 month agoFavorite Answer
2. PATH train
3. NJ Transit train
4. Amtrak train
5. Bridge from NJ to Staten Island, bridge from Staten island to Brooklyn, free bridge from Brooklyn to Manhattan, then drive north on city streets to midtown.
6. E-Z pass. Toll is $15 only if you pay cash. With E-Z pass, it's $12.50 for Peak, $10.50 for Off-peak, $6.50 when carpooling with three or more people with NY and NJ E-ZPass only.
7. Drive north to Rockland county, cross the Tappan Zee bridge to Westchester county, then drive south.
- 4 weeks ago
Swim to Staten island then take the ferry to manhattan
- duker918Lv 71 month ago
You can avoid the toll. You can not avoid the feeling of getting robbed. It happens one way or another.
- DCM5150Lv 71 month ago
Trumps got to build his wall by illegally stealing money from the tax payers.
Oh, and his magnificent wall is being cut through by a Sawzall.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- W.T. DoorLv 71 month ago
The Democrats need to pay for the illegal aliens somehow.
- PearlLv 71 month ago
you could try taking the bus there
- DON WLv 71 month ago
Coming from New Jersey in a car, you would have to drive all the way up to Albany, NY before getting to a bridge that would get you across the Hudson River for free. In the NYC area, all of the bridges and tunnels charge a steep toll, as you found out.
- ANDRE LLv 71 month ago
If you are driving in from the NJ side, then, no, there is no cheaper way.
You could take a PATH train in and do without a car in Manhattan, as parking there is also very costly and not always available.
- Old Man DirtLv 71 month ago
Take a train! There is no real reason to drive a private car into Manhattan (midtown or other wise). Public transportation can be secured to enter that area from a lot of near by less expensive places to park a private car.