solve this chess puzzle is Ne6 Ne7 correct?
checkmate in 2 moves ?
I said Ne6 then NE7 then its wrong why its wrong
- PyrusLv 61 month agoFavorite Answer
I admit, the puzzle was a bit challenging, but I finally discovered the move, and it's an amazing move. The move white has to make is:
If Rxg6, then Ne7#
If hxg6 then Rh8#
If fxg6 then Nh6#
If Ng7 then Qxg7# or Qxh7#
Now, let me tell you why Ne6 doesn't work. It's far too slow, and I'd be glad to play it as black. If Ne6, then Nxf5. I've just put your queen in danger, and your other knight is still hanging. I would gain two very powerful knights for a not very useful rook, which actually is advantageous for black, especially since now the knight on e6 is no longer blocking the queen's path to f8, and the g7 square is protected by the now black knight itself (the one on f5).
Nxh7 also doesn't work, because again, it is far too slow.
P.S: NO ONE COPY MY ANSWER PLEASE XD
- 3 weeks ago
Since the King has one more vacant square....
- SquidmasterLv 73 weeks ago
The Knight which moves to E6 is taken by the Castle on E6.
The Knight which moves to Ey is taken by the Knight on D6.
Both the moves you answered result in Checks which can be easily defeated.
- Anonymous1 month ago
1. Ne7+ Kh8(what else?) 2. Qxf8#
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- NancyLv 61 month ago
How does that get you mate in two? If black moves his knight anywhere instead of capturing your knight or doing something else, you don't have mate in two because moving the second knight to NE7 to check the king will be thwarted when the black queen slides down and captures it.
Nh7 gets you mate in two because the possibilities are:
1. black moves his bishop to H7 to capture knight and the second move is queen capturing that bishop for checkmate
2. black moves his knight to G7 and the second move is queen capturing knight for mate; or
3. black does anything else and the second move is queen captures rook at F8 for checkmate.
- 1 month ago
Just flip the board and demand your reward