Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 2 weeks ago

Why do many people do not believe in the afterlife?

37 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago
    Best Answer

Everybody is free to believe in what they want: but I have not seen any evidence of an afterlife so I’m skeptical if there is one.  I would like to believe there’s one, but I will reserve judgment until I see proof.

• Anonymous
    1 week ago

Na afterlife is for sure just wishful thinking.

• 2 weeks ago

A carnal persons mind is ignorant to the afterlife ideal 

• Joe
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

Some people know they are not living good lives and the thought of an afterlife where they may be held accountable does not appeal to them. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

Well, there's no solid reason TO believe in it. It's just stories we tell each other. Which doesn't mean there isn't one, just that we don't really know.

• 2 weeks ago

In much of the united states, the Christian religion's stories come from a very hot climate (Israel, Palestine, very close to equator) so some people from the colder climates may not relate. However, this could be a myth, if global warming is more severe than what the scientists say (considering how many mini ice ages there are)

• bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

I'm not sure how the climate where someone lives would affect whether or not they believed in an afterlife.

• small
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Because nobody has ever come back from any afterlife so to say, in order to narrate the experience, if at all.

• 2 weeks ago

Everything that everyone experiences in their life is their evidence to interpret as they will. Some interpret it correctly. Some interpret it incorrectly. Often, there is no wrong or right and whatever works is fine. I don't believe that my consciousness will continue on after I die. Other things seem more likely correct to me. That is my interpretation of my experience.

• 2 weeks ago

Because there's plenty evidence and first hand experience of it.

• 2 weeks ago

No proof. Why should they?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.