Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwarePrinters · 1 month ago

Printer will only print JPG files?

for some reason it can only print JPG files. if i try to print a PDF it doesnt work, but if i convert it to JPG it does

Update:

i have a canon mg3100 series printer 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Lv 7
    1 month ago

do you have Adobe Reader installed? you need it to properly print PDFs. it's free.

• 1 month ago

When you try to print a document (Like from MS Word or even Notepad) what happens?  Does a blank sheet come out? Is there an error message? Does another window open up?.... 

• 1 month ago

Straight PDF to the printer doesn't work.

Open your viewer, there should be options to print,,currnt page, range of pages, or all.

Works with my Adobe reader anyway.

See your drivers are updated and for your OS platform.

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Check the Canon site for driver updates for your operating system.

What software in opening the pdf, or are you really trying to print a shortcut?

Have you tried to print files other than jpg and pdf?

Does the pdf print software recognize the printer and d you select it?

Far easier to look in person. Find someone at least semi-knowledgeable and ask them to look at it. The vast majority of people have at least one friend or relative or neighbor that knows a bit about computer operating.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If the printer can print a jpg then there is no reason why it can’t print a pdf. You are probably choosing the option to "print to pdf", change the default to print to the MG3100 and it should print fine, or get a tech savvy friend to find out what you are doing wrong.

• 1 month ago

canon mg3100 series printer

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.