If the Messiah was hung would you worship a rope?
Exodus 32:7-9 Exodus20:4,5 Isaiah42:8
- 9 months agoFavorite Answer
God message. So many people claim to be Christian yet carry those cross idols around their necks or hang them on their wall. Little knowing that this is actual a sign of Egyptian paganism and Satan mocking the sacrifice of the Lord. https://www.cgg.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Library.C...
- Anonymous9 months ago
I love worshiping inanimate objects.
- PLv 79 months ago
This is a Jehovah witness asking this question, I can tell!
- PubliusLv 79 months ago
Nope. An empty tomb is a far better symbol of my faith, but it's hard to depict. Whom I worship is God, of course.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 9 months ago
“Anonymous”, mankind must appear bearing the authority, image, and willpower of what, or whom he will worship—of a false god, or a true and living GOD. While Christian belief uses emblems, tokens, and symbols as tools for admonition, guidance, instruction and memorial, Christianity does not endorse the use of graven images, idols, and similitudes that are to be acknowledged as gods and divine persons having dominion, immortality, incorruptibility, and sovereign will. Those seeking to continue accusations, attacks, thrusts, and other distractions by condemning the use of simple things in worship (e.g., the chalice, the monstrance, the crucifix, the wafer) depart from correct Christian doctrine and teaching. The proper focus for a believer is that they express gratitude, praise, and reverence, rather than exalt outward appearances, miracles, and signs. Believers are to submit to operations of the Holy Spirit whereby men will exist as mature and ripe for harvest from the earth by the Lord at his appearing (the Advent; the Rapture; the Second Coming). Those “born again” are to “grow up again” renewing their content and endowment of “sacred knowledge” through such devices as accepting accountability; commitment; enduring “growing pains”; continuous discovery, learning, and study of the holy writings; fellowship within a community of believers; fulfillment of duty, sacrifice, and unselfish service; practicing discernment, praise, and prayer; and continuously rejoicing despite affliction, hardship, and suffering. Existing as divine fullness and the summation of all spirit substance GOD is invisible and may not be seen using finite animal senses, and human tools that detect carnal form and physical dimensions (e.g., depth, height, length, weight). Even so, created beings and living creatures are to communicate, exchange, and interact with GOD who is Creator, Maker, and Origin for all that exists, that have life, and that have detectable presence. GOD also has revealed themselves as the administrator of sacred law and divine order, eternal purpose, and “the second death” provided to permanently eliminate sin and its consequences. Consider again the following that uses language from the Bible, and a selection from the music ministry of Anthony Brown & Group therAPy:
1. Deuteronomy 29: 1-6, King James Version (KJV): 1 These are the words of the covenant, which the LORD commanded Moses to make with the children of Israel in the land of Moab, beside the covenant which he made with them in Horeb. 2 And Moses called unto all Israel, and said unto them, Ye have seen all that the LORD did before your eyes in the land of Egypt unto Pharaoh, and unto all his servants, and unto all his land; 3 The great temptations which thine eyes have seen, the signs, and those great miracles: 4 Yet the LORD hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day. 5 And I have led you forty years in the wilderness: your clothes are not waxen old upon you, and thy shoe is not waxen old upon thy foot. 6 Ye have not eaten bread, neither have ye drunk wine or strong drink: that ye might know that I am the LORD your God.
2. Jeremiah 5: 19-25, KJV: 19 And it shall come to pass, when ye shall say, Wherefore doeth the LORD our God all these things unto us? then shalt thou answer them, Like as ye have forsaken me, and served strange gods in your land, so shall ye serve strangers in a land that is not your’s. 20 Declare this in the house of Jacob, and publish it in Judah, saying, 21 Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not: 22 Fear ye not me? saith the LORD: will ye not tremble at my presence, which have placed the sand for the bound of the sea by a perpetual decree, that it cannot pass it: and though the waves thereof toss themselves, yet can they not prevail; though they roar, yet can they not pass over it? 23 But this people hath a revolting and a rebellious heart; they are revolted and gone. 24 Neither say they in their heart, Let us now fear the LORD our God, that giveth rain, both the former and the latter, in his season: he reserveth unto us the appointed weeks of the harvest. 25 Your iniquities have turned away these things, and your sins have withholden good things from you. 26 For among my people are found wicked men: they lay wait, as he that setteth snares; they set a trap, they catch men.
3. 2nd Peter 1: 2-10, KJV: 2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, 3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. 8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. 10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
There is far more that should be said, correctly examined, and spiritually apprehended (for example, (4.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX59fjowutw
.) Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful. Be it unto you according to your faith.
First image downloaded 1:20 PM, November 03, 2019 @ https://jpmanyozo.blogspot.com/2014/02/?view=class...
Second image downloaded 1:40 PM, November 03, 2019 @ https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20191...
THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DCSource(s): Years of prayer, study of the holy writings, and life experience. For more, use the links, here, to some of my other answers.
- K. OrrezLv 79 months ago
Jesus was hanged on a cross and I don't worship a cross.
- oddLv 79 months ago
The noose would take on an entirely new meaning, wouldn't it. BTW we don't worship crosses or crucifixes, but the Person whom it is supposed to represent. An idol is a false representation of a non-God, or an object worshipped for its own sake: Since Jesus is real and He was crucified and died on a cross, a cross or crucifix therefore is not an idol nor can be one as venerated by believers.
- FireballLv 79 months ago
WE DO NOT WORSHIP CROSSES...U R SO CONFUSED...WE REMEMBER WHAT HE DID FOR US WHEN WE SEE THEM....MYOB...TIRH NOT WHAT IFS AND MOCKING
- UserLv 79 months ago
most Christians have never worshiped a crucifix.
- 9 months ago
If Jewsus committed suicide by shotgun they would have tiny shotguns around their necks now days