Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Can we only have a Christian wedding, not the official one?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

The Christian wedding is the official wedding in God's eyes. I'd encourage you to do both. Get the paper contract from the state (because that gives you the benefits of state recognition - and doesn't require any wedding), then have your real wedding before God on a different day (which has nothing to do with the state).

• 1 month ago

No. Without legal permission, you would be sinning.

• Jake
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Catholicism is the One True Faith and a person can know this with certainty by reciting the rosary every day with care.

• Paul
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

A Christian wedding is recognized as official by every state in the United States.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Jesus exists and is God. A person can know these things with certainty by way of having true devotion to the Immaculate Heart of the Virgin Mary.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Today marriage carries legal requirements as well - if you desire legal recognition and benefits.

• 1 month ago

If you don't sign the state's marriage certificate you aren't legally married...

But do whatever you want.

~

• 1 month ago

I don't know what the law is where you live, but here in my home state of Oregon, anyone can obtain a marriage license and get married with literally anyone officiating.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.