Im  confused with fafsa  can I just get grants and scholarships on the fafsa?

Ok im not asking if I can get a full ride if I dont qualify based on my need.

But on my need based aid can I just get grants and scholarships and not loans so I can graduate debt free?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

FASFA gives you $5,650 every quarter it's for tuition and books if there's any money left over they have to give it to you but they make sure that there's hardly never a penny left over.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i dont see why not, i went to a community college just on grants for two yrs

• 1 month ago

You can work your way through school. 80% of American college students work at least 20 hrs/wk during the school year to help pay school and/or living expenses. Grants & scholarships alone are highly unlikely to cover all school expenses. You'd be lucky to cover tuition & fees, so how are you going to pay for books, equipment & supplies? What about room & board in dorm, or will you continue live at home with parents & commute (then you have commuting costs). Almost all financial aid packages include loans, perhaps Work-Study Program if you are not already working.

• Jim
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

FAFSA is for government loads. You can do whatever you want to pay for college, but grants and scholarships probably are not going to be enough.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.