Houston Vs Miami ?

I can't decide between these two cities to move to. I like beaches but i like hills at the same time, and miami is flat all around. I like to hike, MMA, idc about the weather that much and i like quietness. I like going to stadiums , partying sometimes, and be around nature.

• Jerry

I don't know about Houston. I know that in south Florida your hiking & camping type options are either the Everglades and adjacent estuaries or beaches/keys. I moved up-coast from south Florida so as to be closer to areas with forests, streams and lakes, and just landscape that isn't swamp or beach. 

But you're not me. Maybe you'll get so much pleasure from walking the beaches, kayaking the keys and estuaries, that Miami will be a great place for you. And you can always go up-state for a few days if you're longing for forests or fresh water lakes. 

Go with Miami. I despise Texas. 

i think theyre probably both good cities

Houston was already horribly uncomfortable, and subject to frequent flooding, when I lived there 40 years ago. By now I assume that the climate emergency has made those things even worse and the city will continue to deteriorate.

Miami is even closer to the ocean than Houston is, so rising sea levels aren't going to help that city either.

And both of them are right in the fast lane of Hurricane Alley, which is going to get busier and busier as the climate continues to change.

Have you considered Kansas City? :)

Have you visited both cities?

Personally, I would choose Houston.

• Unknown1 month agoReport

No i never been to houston or miami. What things Houston has that fits my personality tho ?