Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetGoogle · 1 month ago

If I do a google search and an illegal image appears and as long as I don’t click on it I won’t be arrested right?

Favorite Answer

I doubt you will encounter that in the first place. You have to dig deep to find illegal content.

No, you are not going to jail.

• Bolton1 month agoReport

Some images looked not legal or really questionable I’m not going to be arrested?

Illegal image? Did you look up teen porn and where surprised by the results?

Hi. No, You wont be arrested. You might make a list of people who have viewed websites without safe search on, or receive a LOT of new ads whenever You're online ...

however, since You're not actually viewing the content by personal choice of directly looking for it, then the only offender is actually Google for the dissemination of illegally pornographic ir otherwise prosecutable content.

I have had the same problem, I'm over 21 (by a longshot) but have had some completely clean celebrity name searches turn up results that are animal-porn thumbnails on Google images. I have absolutely no interest in those whatsoever, so I do not click on the results or go to those links.

The results were provided to Me, just like many illegal things are when I walk through the streets at night, or even in braod daylight over the past 7 or 8 years, but since I don't accept the offers I am neither seeking them or making use of them.

G'Luck!!!

• Pete L

I think the security authorities are more interested in stopping known internet pirates and people committing criminal acts rather than Joe Public who might accidentally see an illegal picture!

i dont think so, its not like you put that illegal image there

Correct. As long as law enforcement is unaware of illegal images popping up on your computer, you will be fine.

Even clicking on it won’t get you in trouble, possession is the bit that gets you into trouble.

But viewing it may put you on a watch list