My Dad insists on installing parental controls on my PlayStation even though I'm 14. Is this normal?

I've got 1 hour per night on a weekday

And 2 hours at the weekend

I am signed out automatically when this time expires? I feel like I am being left behind by friends because of the limited time I have. What do I do? I try and go out but most of my friends don't want to as they are playing on their consoles and I am prevented from using mine as a social tool. 

what games do you play?

It is evidently normal for you and that's the only relevant fact.

What is normal in any other family is irrelevant to your situation. You clearly realise that your dad has set limits which are probably far stricter than the vast majority of parents would, but that is his right as a parent and also his responsibility as a parent if he feels that your unrestricted usage of the console is either harming your schoolwork or you as a person. Or maybe it's a punishment for something you've not shared here (and do not need to, as that's also irrelevant to total strangers).

The only thing you can try is to put together a persuasive argument that his restrictions are harming your social development and friendships. But angry rants, threats, and whiny bleats of "It's not fair" will probably result in a total ban from using your console. 

It will help to "know your enemy", so calmly discuss in advance the exact reasons your dad has been so restrictive. That will give you vital information so that you know which buttons to try and push: so if his concerns are about academic attainments then try to agree that in return for achieving certain targets you get certain rewards. The targets need to be challenging to be worth anything in return, but realistically achievable if you focus your efforts.

Entirely normal.

Your parents are responsibe for you until you are 18.

They have the right to control your actions and behaviour until then,

and longer if you still live with them.

What I see wrong here is that your friends are not limited as you are.

It would do All of you good to get away from the games and do other things.

I knkw what u fell

• Murzy

He wants to shelter you from reality.