Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 1 month ago

Recommendations on which city or place to live in the UK? Near the sea?

I m a recent graduate so i m looking for a place with quite a few young people and jobs and opportunity.

I d like it to be by the sea with green space , and with a community feel but not too busy and overcrowded.

I think I like Brighton and Bristol, and Plymouth.

Any ideas?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Zheia
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

You could try Ryde. There are also plenty of green spaces on the Isle of Wight.

• 4 weeks ago

Oxford is best UK city to live and work. Reading, for the third consecutive year, is in second place, according to the annual Demos/PwC Good Growth for Cities Index. Southampton was third, followed by Bristol and Milton Keynes. Bradford was named the most improved city.

• James
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Avoid Blackpool , though its ok to visit for a few days 

• TSK
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You seem to be looking south when places like Liverpool and Newcastle also offer a great life...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • RR
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Bournemouth is an excellent place. Some people still think it's a retirement town. However, it is booming as an office town. It also has a university and a lot of language schools. It has excellent night life and shopping.

It has good road and rail links to London and the West country. It even has an airport.The beaches are often voted the best in UK and it buts onto pretty countryside.

• 1 month ago

Brighton is nice but touristy. Keep in mind that a lot of coastal cities are going to be under water fairly soon. I wouldn't invest a lot of money in seaside property.

• Ray
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Some possibilities include:

Bournemouth, Dorset, southern England, which is adjacent to the New Forest

Blackpool, northwest England which is home to the park voted the best in the UK (Stanley Park) and is relatively close to The Trough of Bowland (less than 1 hour), The Lake District (less than 2 hour) and The Yorkshire Dales (less than 2 hours)

Newquay, Cornwall, surfing capital of the UK and surrounded by stunning beaches and clifftop walks.

Swansea, South Wales, the gateway to the Gower peninsula with its beautiful beaches and clifftop walks.

Personally I would describe your suggestions as being very busy and somewhat overcrowded.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

All of those places have large cities, you won't get a community in acres of housing estates. It's going to depend where you can get a job and the price of housing.

• 1 month ago

Coastal cities include Brighton, Bournemouth, Bristol, Plymouth, Cardiff, Newcastle, Southampton (tho not many beaches). Margate is pretty popular too

And London while not having much in the way of sea / beaches has lots of green space, and is less than an hour from Brighton

Obviously cities tend to be fairly 'busy'

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"I d like it to be by the sea with green space , and with a community feel but not too busy and overcrowded. " then you don't live in a CITY!........... and before you 'move' anywhere you get yourself a job as that would determine where you live

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.