Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 1 month ago

daughter just turned 2 and plays with her breakfast every morning..is something wrong?

she eats some of her cheerios, a little bit of pancake and sorts it into compartments, stops eating and/or finishes a little more cheerios..

is she autistic or is something wrong with her? I'm going to have a breakdown over this!!!

• Kate

She is 2, quite normal for them to play with their food at that age.

Throw it out and Get a new baby

You may have to change up her diet Cheetos for breakfast isn’t the best idea .

Sounds to me like you are freaking out over nothing! She's 2, at that age they are fussy eaters, they love to play with their food to feel the sensation of it, keep in mind this is the "oral" stage for them, everything has to be touched and/or put in their mouth.

My nephews who are 4, used to play with their food as well, sometimes they would toss it on the floor. Also, they would take a long time to eat, sometimes over an hour, because they wouldn't like the taste of it.

Relax, your daughter is fine, if she's not eating her food altogether, then is a time to be concerned, this isn't that time.

This sounds like normal behavior to me just like food throwing is normal. Babies and toddlers usually play in things that they're not supposed to and I'm sure that this includes food.

If she's eating, I wouldn't worry.  Who cares about the order she eats her food in?

She is 2 years old and why are you not feeding her with the cheerios then let her feed herself with the pancakes? She is completely normal

Source(s): Mum & Grandma

Two year olds are often on the Air Diet. Very normal.

When you’re two, that’s what you do.

• Satan

Nope, all perfectly normal for a toddler.