Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 1 month ago

daughter just turned 2 and plays with her breakfast every morning..is something wrong?

she eats some of her cheerios, a little bit of pancake and sorts it into compartments, stops eating and/or finishes a little more cheerios..

is she autistic or is something wrong with her? I'm going to have a breakdown over this!!!

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Kate
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

She is 2, quite normal for them to play with their food at that age.

• 1 month ago

Throw it out and Get a new baby

• 1 month ago

You may have to change up her diet Cheetos for breakfast isn’t the best idea .

• 1 month ago

Sounds to me like you are freaking out over nothing! She's 2, at that age they are fussy eaters, they love to play with their food to feel the sensation of it, keep in mind this is the "oral" stage for them, everything has to be touched and/or put in their mouth.

My nephews who are 4, used to play with their food as well, sometimes they would toss it on the floor. Also, they would take a long time to eat, sometimes over an hour, because they wouldn't like the taste of it.

Relax, your daughter is fine, if she's not eating her food altogether, then is a time to be concerned, this isn't that time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

This sounds like normal behavior to me just like food throwing is normal. Babies and toddlers usually play in things that they're not supposed to and I'm sure that this includes food.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If she's eating, I wouldn't worry.  Who cares about the order she eats her food in?

• 1 month ago

She is 2 years old and why are you not feeding her with the cheerios then let her feed herself with the pancakes? She is completely normal

Source(s): Mum & Grandma
  • 1 month ago

Two year olds are often on the Air Diet. Very normal.

• 1 month ago

When you’re two, that’s what you do.

• Satan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nope, all perfectly normal for a toddler.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.