Parents, how would you feel if someone did this to your child while trick or treating?

I was handing out candy for trick or treaters. I had the candy in a big bowl so they could choose what they want. One little girl asked me, "Don't you have any gum?" I told her, " No, I don't." She said, "You don't?" like she didn't believe me. So I said, "Well I'll look around and see if I have any gum inside my house. I'll be right back." Then I went inside, closed the door and sat on the couch.

A very pathetic thing to do.

• D

THAT IS HILARIOUS

• martin

This is a bit mean, because it would have been easy just to tell the child that you don't have any gum, sorry.

I think it was rude of you. I would have told her no I do not have any gum, but you can pick something out of the bowl. If she didn't want anything that was in the bowl I would have simply told her I had nothing else.

My kid is not entitled to what kind of treats she gets on Halloween. So, it would not bother me a bit.

• Will

I would applaud you for telling off my spoiled little brat.

In real life my kids would never be like that because they like getting actual candy, not gum. 

• Andy C

I would applaud the seldom used trick response.

Yeah thats pritty mean. So you had them waiting at your door for nothing. You could have said no i do not i have whats in my bucket and nothing more.

As her village, you failed raising her.