sad asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

is there a name for what im doing?

recently i have been cutting myself but it's not because im depressed or suicidal i just like the feeling. seeing the blood come out of the cuts make me feel all tingly and nice, it's so interesting, is there something wrong with me?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

The name for it is self-harm, and people do it for different reasons. I wouldn't overlook the possibility that you're depressed. Some people do it for stress reduction.

If you're doing it for relief from either one of these problems, there are MUCH better ways to get relief. I'll show you an answer that has details, under DEPRESSION TREATMENTS. A lot of this is what you could call stress reduction.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20150...

You can take a depression screening test online, such as CESD R, or KADS 6-Item if you're a teenager.

Freedom from Self-Harm: Overcoming Self-Injury with Skills from DBT and Other Treatments

This book has been endorsed by Marsha Linehan, who created DBT, the best treatment for borderline personality disorder, which has serious self-injury as a frequent symptom.

If you go to the Amazon ad, you'll see that readers GREATLY appreciate this book.

There's a wide variety of treatments. Very severe cases require months of intense therapy but many people do well with a treatment that's just a booklet and a few therapy sessions, usually 2 or 3.

The book says that whenever possible, treatment outside a hospital is best because therapy that teaches skills for the real world is best taught in the real world.

Good news - treatments that only reduce self-harm are considered successful. The less you self-harm the stronger you are and better able to deal with the problems that led to your self-harm.

• LAN
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The usual term is complete idiocy.

• 1 month ago

It is called self harm.

• Topaz
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Yeah there is something wrong here. Part if depression is cutting and liking the feeling of blood coming out is a need for help. Please call your local 24 hour help line to get in touch with a counselor who can help u get back to your happy self.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, something is wrong with you. You are attention starved and obnoxious.

• 1 month ago

yes it is name of anything doing

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.