How do I remove Nailed in Cable Wire Clips without damaging the Cable?

Could you kindly provide me a list of tools that can conveniently do this with out risking too much damage to the cable. I just need to slightly rearrange them. Want to order the tool online. Don't the name though.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

use a very narrow straight (not Phillip's head) screw driver--work it under the staple. Hold  a putty knife or even a table knife against the wall to keep the screw driver blade from damaging the wall as you pry the staple partway loose. You can use a regular plier (not a cutter) to pull the staple completely out of the wall.

• 1 month ago

Use a needle nose pliers & pincers

• 1 month ago

i use needle nose pliers and brute force ... grab the clip with the pliers and pull

• Rayal
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I use a pair of diagonal pliers or a pair of needle nose pliers.

Attachment image
    • ron h
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

NO, this will cut the staple,  not pull it out.  It's commonly called a wire cutter.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Wire cutters or pincers.

Get them around the nail just under the head - cut in to the plastic clip slightly if needed.

Twist the nail to loosen it and pull it out.

• ron h
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

he's removing insulated staples, not nails.

• 1 month ago

Many of the nails are probably pretty close to the wall, so try using a pair of needle nose pliers, not the small ones, get the average size ones

• 1 month ago

With a pair of Pincers

And if stubborn, a tap with a hammer

Mind the wall !!

Attachment image
    Source(s): Carpenter's Pincers
  • Nancy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Assuming they're plastic, by using a carpet knife, Exacto-Knife, or wire cutters to cut through the part of the clip that connects the tab the nail goes through to the loop that holds the cable. When the cable is free and clear, you can remove the nails with the claw of a hammer.

• ron h
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Have you ever seen what he's asking about?   Assume they're NOT PLASTIC.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.