Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsOther - Electronics · 1 month ago

Is it normal to feel left out when everyone has nice phones?

My best friend and boyfriend have recently gotten the new IPhone 11. My phone is broken and old but my dad can easily afford me a fancy phone he just refuses to buy me one. I feel really left out and a bit jealous. I am normally not a person who would be jealous but everyone has these nice new phones and my phone is broken. Is it normal to feel this way 😕?

yes it's normal, you have to smash your phone to pieces... then what would your father do?

However he may have his money planned for something which is more serious than your phone... however if this is really not the case then the best option is to have a honest conversation with him, don't whine about it, just tell him what you feel and that spending your time this way kills your enthusiasm! then if he doesn't care about your enthisiasm you shouldn't care about his...

why not have your bf get you a phone on a shared plan?

Yes, it is completely normal to feel left out. Wonder why your father refuses to buy you a new phone. Maybe sit down and talk to him. Explain how you feel and try to find out if there is a particular reason why he won't. Try to come to an arrangement. Maybe chores in exchange for a phone, etc. Bon chance. 

Go flipp fone don't base your value on yous phone

• David

I've got millions of $$ and I won't buy a new iPhone.  They are a giant money pit.

• It is normal to feel left out

My phone is an older LG, a decent phone, does everything I need in a phone.

I am not into the status quo so not envious of those with the $1000+ smart phones.

I have a decent tablet, does it all, so I am covered.

I ask my dad for anything, it is "go earn money and buy what you want"

He comes home with a new navigator, but he worked for it.

keeping up with the gomezes is a waste,

use a flip phone to jaw with your bffs,,3 4 at most,wait to get home & do the laptop thing,,HOMEWORK FIRST

I don't care what phone anyone else has,

and they should not care what phone I have.

If physical possessions are causing emotional stress between people,

the people --- not the things --- are the problem.

• Bill

There are plenty of nice phones that aren't iphones. If you want an iPhone that badly, get a job.