Aspiring firefighter, will a large hand tattoo of my daughters name stop me from being hired?

he answer for this question could vary depending upon where you're located.  Some locales restrict tattoos while others don't. Ask your prospective employer what their policies are!

My brother in law was a fireman for years.  They were allowed to have tattoos, but they could not be visible while on duty... this is UK though, so it might be different where you are.

Visible tattoos are never a good idea when it comes to gettin a half decent job.

• Joe

The tattoo should be fine, but just how large is your hand ?  Can you drive with it ?  Does it help you hold on to things better, like a fire hose ?  Is it as big as one of those We Are Number One foam hands at ball games ?  Were you born with it or were you a victim of a horrible accident, like getting your hand stuck in machinery ??  And is that why you chose your abnormally large hand as the location for the tattoos, because it was a larger pallet ?

Nope, that should not be a hiring impact.

I doubt it since being tattooed with anything is not in a a firefighter’s job requirements/description.

• Tavy

We don't know which Country you are in, so why not phone a fire station and ASK.

• Tavy
      1 month agoReport

Ok but this is now an international site, I'm in the U.K.