Anyone else starting to believe that Illhan Omar (1/4 member of The Squad) is actually a pro-Muslim 'trojan horse?'?

Congresswoman Illhan Omar OPPOSES sanctions against Turkey who are not our allies and cannot be trusted.

Turkey is not only anti-USA and anti-Democracy, but they're also trying to committ genocide against our brave allies, the Kurds.

Omar is also the ONLY DEMOCRAT to not vote "yay" in favor of passing the Armenian Genocide resolution.

Yeah, I get it. I also believe that the GOP only passed the resolution as an act of defiance against Turkey, whose ancestors committed genocide against Armenians.

The GOP would have never passed this resolution if they weren't currently upset with Turkey.

So the GOP's passing of the Armenian Genocide resolution IS more politically-motivated than anything.

As a GOP supporter, I am willing to admit that Trump and the Republicans could care less about Armenians.

HOWEVER, Illhan Omar is missing the point here. If any good can come out of our government's disgust with Turkey, such as finally passing the Armenian Genocide resolution, then why wouldn't we all be in support of that?

I never liked Omar, but I also never questioned her character. I thought Omar was dumb as a post when it came to policies, but I also believed she loved our country.

I simply believed Omar was terribly misguided and way too liberal.

Now I'm starting to wonder if Omar, who is a Muslim, is a plant by Somalia or some middle eastern country.

Is Omar America's "trojan horse?" Is she trying to destroy our country? Will more Muslims try to infiltrate our government?

• Favorite Answer

Hey man! Excellent question! You always ask such thought-provoking questions! Keep it up!

I agree with most of what you said, except that I don't dislike Omar. I actually like Omar which is why I am very disappointed in her recent behavior.

I can't understand why Miss Omar would not be willing to support sanctions against Turkey, who aren't our allies at all. Turkey has undermined the USA in Syria by refusing to honor the agreement (that they would not committ genocide against the Kurds).

Turkey's government, led by fascist Ergodan, is also EXTREMELY anti-democracy. When Turkish protestors have tried to speak up in favor of democracy, Ergodan has those people arrested.

There is also no freedom of speech in Turkey. Enes Kanter can attest to that.

I'm just very disappointed in her. That's all.

• David

When she tried putting the squeeze on Israeli human rights issues by saying shouldn't we expect our allies to behave like us . Yeah say the same about Turkey , Bahrain, Saudi Arabia. It'll be a cold day in hell before she rebukes them. She is a bad apple that needs to be removed. Her goal is to destabilise the US Israeli alliance. We are seeing the same thing in Britain with Marxists and Muslims in the Labour party who are frothing at the mouth with hatred of Israel and at the same time showing support for terrorist organisations.

Why then do we have a base in Turkey?? Why are they part of NATO? You ever heard of Izmir Air Base, plenty of U.S. war planes there. So you have no idea what you're talking about. Straddling East and West, Turkey is a critical U.S. ally in fight against Islamic State

The chamber voted 405 to 11 in support of the measure, Who were the other 10 that did not support it? Were were the 14 that didn't vote? 

Your comment "infiltrate our government" is ridiculous. We have no religious test for our elected officials, nor should we.

Why are you singling out her?

I have been seeing that for quite awhile. That Omar is anti-America and pro-Muslim has been apparent for awhile. Listen to her speeches and check out her voting record.

I think you need to do some fact finding -- Turkey is part of NATO, and other allies of the USA.

And there's a lot of hatred of Americans in Saudi Arabia, Egypt and other middle eastern countries, which are considered American allies.

Maybe, if you get some accuracy in details, you might nhave a point, but you are entitled to your opinion on things, even if you have the wrong information.

It's become impossible...

"Too liberal"? Either you're liberal or you aren't.

I am opposed to all muslims. They are anti-Christian.