Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 1 month ago

Ideas for throwing a man a 30th birthday party (surprise party)?

My boyfriend is turning 30 in January. I am 5 years younger, and we haven't been dating for an overwhelming amount of time... So I don't know a sh*t ton about the boy. 

Anyways, I want to throw him a surprise 30th birthday party. I've already had some plans which are:

- Me and a bunch of his friends - with the help of one of his friends to invite people - are going to get an AirBNB for his birthday weekend (we're going to get a nice place with a hot tub, which is his fave; everyone is gonna chip in for the price of the place, everyone is gonna chip in for food, everyone is gonna bring booze)

However, I want to go up the night before (I'll pay for the place at my own expense) and decorate the place and set it up. But I'm trying to figure out what to do for the actual party on Friday. Like, decoration wise and food wise and whatnot. Altogether there will be about 11 of us; males and females (his boys and their girls). I'm just not sure how to decorate to be not overly-classy but also not trashy...

Any ideas for decorations and food are appreciated. 

I'm trying to learn more about him but... Holy crap he's a little difficult to get to know. 

(Also gift ideas are appreciated. I have one idea, that's it.)

i would ask his friends, they might know

• Vicki
      1 month agoReport

I have, but they seem to all have their own woefully different lives these days so they are worried that everything he used to like he might not anymore.

maybe some fruit plates, nice crackers with spreads,  or goat chese, ya know finger food. decorations honestly arent really needed in most cases. by january u will probably know him enough to know what kind of foods he would appreciate , and if he would enjoy decorations

• Vicki
      1 month agoReport

Thank you! I'm still a bit younger so... I know what would be enjoyed by my age group. I know his is... Well I like to look at it as we are weirdly in decently different stages of our lives.

Kill his paretns then tell him at 12 am

• Vicki
      1 month agoReport

Wrong kind of surprise WRONG KIND OF SURPRISE.