Nita asked in HealthMental Health · 3 months ago

How can I be happy?

I'm going through a state of depression and feel like I shouldn't give up just yet. Is there anyway to resolve this without a therapist?

• justin
    Favorite Answer

send me a mesage my insta is camaro codybattery my email camaro33125cody@gmail.com or usa my text now number is 717 516 0310 and my facebook is camaro elfyboy with a pink sword art online anime picture. I am not a poster so don't worry if i have nothing up. it is too complicated for me. I am here to be supportive and if ur struggling with faith I have a strong connectionto god and ask him my questions personally and the answers i recieve are usually more comforting than the copy pasted ones i hear at church. I can help u understand if u need it. my method of support involves hugs and adorableness sometimes so if ur not cool with that tell me and il try to adjust to ur needs.

• Dejair

Your present situation is effect from before attitude and behavior ; walking the path of harmonization you can build your happiness. Super-health, shiny youth, comfortable wealth !

There is a world of depression self-help online. Google it. No, don't give up - take what you think will be helpful for you from the websites and articles and apply it to your life daily, in the long-term. Our brains are our best medicine, believe it. It's the same with therapy - we go to therapy but we are the ones who have to do the work to come to recovery. Therapists don't have magic wands.

You might also try Guided Meditations for Depression on YouTube.

You can do this!

It's crazy of us to prescribe things for you because we know almost nothing about you and we don't know how severe your depression is - if in fact you are depressed.

It's very possible that you're suffering from a condition that requires professional help.

There's no research on self-help for severe depression.

There's a variety of things that can help - standard treatments with office visits and lifestyle therapies that can enhance their effects. Details here. under DEPRESSION TREATMENTS.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20150...

A regular sleep schedule, 3 decent, nutritious  meals a day, lots of exercise and fresh air. 

Having something to get up for, a raison d'être. Having something to look forward to, something as simple as  a takeaway on a weekend  or saving up for a trip abroad. Take up a new hobby or pastime.

But most importantly, adopting a positive mental attitude. 

• Peter

by subscribing to Peter Chao

usually Depression will resolve itself within 2 weeks to 2 months without treatment.

it's best to address The Chaos in your life as the first line of defense against Depression. establish a routine. then do something with your life that you can be proud of like routine commitments to Bible Studies and Volunteering for stuff. or find a somewhat challenging career or hobby you find intrinsically worth pursuing and pour all your energy into achieving that goal.

once you rid yourself of The Chaos, you will find you have the confidence, strength, and dominant position to face your fears and ultimately pursue greater goals and maintain a higher standard of life satisfaction.

unless you have extreme mood swings or crippling anxiety, i'd recommend against taking psych meds where talk therapies will usually suffice. counter intuitively you don't even need an Expert Therapist, simply having an attentive friend (preferably an older mentor) to trust, listen to you, and shoot sensible feedback to you works as well as a professional Therapist.