I am an Administrative assistant, and my boss would like me to entertain one of our clients for a few evenings while he is in town.?

Should I and what exactly does entertain mean?

I am new to this and it seems to me that I am to do whatever the client wants to do to make him happy. Does whatever=sex?

Okay so I asked my Boss, he said I was to take him out and show him a good time. take him out to dinner and a show or sporting event, he then said you can make up your mind what you want to do after that! And then he smiled!

I had a great time with the client, he was a gentleman. Made good impression and our company got the deal! Thanks everyone 

Favorite Answer

You do not have sex with the client, and your boss is skating on sexual harassment with his innuendo. Do dinner and a show, period.

Bjs and make sure you completely drain them

Trolling, trolling, trolling

This is obviously a troll post. One of your other insightful questions is 'What is the closest relative you could have sex with without it being called incest? This is a serious question!?'   So we all know that ALL your questions are going to be in the same vein. 

• Mike

You certainly do not have to do anything improper. Make sure the boss understands that beforehand. Salesmen traditionally entertain out of town buyers who visit without engaging in any monkey business. Be happy that, because of your scintillating personality, you got dinner and a show on the company.

I would think that it would make a bigger impression on the client if the boss did the entertaining, but maybe your boss does not like this client and does not care about the business.

So what you do is First check to see what shows are in town...is there a good play...is there a Comedy Cafe? A Sports Event?

Discover the costs.

Then ask your boss "What is the reimbursement for me taking this client out to be entertained?" When you get the answer your boss may suggest something that the client likes such as " get some hockey tickets, Fred likes that" or "Mrs. Dillard really loves those All you can eat restaurants." And then they will probably either give you a $200 voucher or the company credit card.

If, however your boss says something like "Just show Joe a good time (wink wink)" or "Mrs. Car really likes young guys like you (wink wink) or even "isn't there a strip club or a bar?" that is not appropriate and you should report that to HR.

Additionally if you are supposed to pay for everything with no reimbursement...it is time to find another job.

• Iambi1 month agoReport

I have a Company CC so that is not the issue. I am just a little nervous being with a client for the first by myself. 

Ask your boss for clarification and also ask him what's in it for you. Its likely nothing more than meeting them for dinner.

could cover a broad range

pretty lousy admin asst if you have to ask, here

• Iambi1 month agoReport

Never been in this situation before.