is batwoman worth seeing?

i really want to watch it but i dont know if its good so is it worth seeing

For a network TV show, it is pretty good, but if you are into streaming shows or cable shows, then it's not worth your time because the quality of those shows are better than network shows.

no. it was horrible.....

no, it is fcking ridiculous in fact.

It's okay.  I'd probably rank it below Flash in terms of quality, but it's still young and finding its footing. If you're interested in it, give it a shot. 

Based on the pilot and the brief intro during the Elseworlds crossover, I've decided to give it a pass.  And I was watching all four Arrowverse shows at one point.  I have alot of issues with it.

First, acting.  It's bad.  Very bad.  The only person with any charisma in the pilot what whomever played Beth.  She was basically just doing a ripoff of the Mad Hatter from the Batman: TAS series in the 90s, but at least it was something to watch.  The lead actress in particular has no charisma.  The other 3 main Arrowverse shows are all lead by actors who seem remarkably talented for such a low budget production.  This actress I wouldn't hire to pitch soap, much less play the lead on a superhero show.

Second, the plot doesn't really make a ton of sense. They made a big deal about Batman being gone but, the PMC group actually seems to have things under control.  Not perfect, but there's no real compelling need for a vigilante.  In fact, you could argue they're protrayed as doing BETTER than Batman, which is kind of pissing in his face. 

Third, politics. Everything about this show is patting itself on the back.  It's bragging about a gay character when every show nowadays has a gay character.  This was avant garde in the 90s.  Now it's old hat and boring.  There are head fakes to other political propaganda in the pilot as well, though less blatantly.  After watching politics (among other things) destroy Supergirl, I'm not sitting through more episodes of the CW's millenial writers who don't know squat about politics lecturing me on things they don't understand.  

Fourth, it's kind of repeating Arrow.  If you watch Arrow, you know it's basically Batman.  Batman though is considered by WB to be a movie caliber character, and they frown on letting the big 3 play on TV as a result.  So to make Batman on TV, they took the Green Arrow and aside from some superficial details, they basically did a Batman show.  

So what is the point of ANOTHER Batman show?  The fact that Batman has boobs in this show does not mean we're in need of another Batman.  Why not something else?  And IF you really felt the need to make a female Batman, why not the much more famous and much more popular Batgirl?  This show just doesn't seem to have any hook that makes it feel like it's going to have stories that we didn't just tell in 8 seasons of Arrow.

Fifth, is infantile writing.  I only really remember one glaring example of this - the protagonist is supposed to be a rebel who breaks all the rules.  And you know this partly because unless I'm misremembering, she literally says at one point that she's a rebel who breaks all the rules.  <sarcasm>Oh, good writing there arrowverse writers.  Well done. </sarcasm>  You can also tell because she wears a leather jacket and rides a harley...like your 70 year old grandfather does.  And almost nobody else.  Seriously, motorcycles and leather jackets are symbols of rebellion in the 1950s.  How out of date are these writers?

So, in conclusion, I advise skipping it.  In a pilot and a crossover preview it offered nothing interesting to make me think good stuff is coming, and it gave me alot of reasons to doubt it.  I've got better shows to watch.

• mokrie

If you want to see a man hating lesbo batwoman where every man is either stupid, incompetent, or evil then go ahead. I won't waste my money on this obvious feminist movie.

I personally don’t like it. The only DC I watch is the flash just because time traveling and changing history is really interesting. I watch it just for killer frost.

She’s like the darker version of Batman but just not as interesting.

If you like the other Arrowverse shows then you'll probably enjoy it. If you don't watch the other shows, try watching a few episodes and decide for yourself.