Anonymous

Holiday entitlement after leaving?

Hello, if someone can please help me calculate what I should be entitled too regarding this as I feel my employer isn't doing this correctly, I started my job on March 20th 2019 and left 1st October 2019, my contract states 25 days holiday, I have taken 9 days, my employer is saying it will be 25÷2 as I only worked half a year, then minus the 9 days, which equals 3.5 days holiday I should be paid for? Could someone clarify this is correct for me please? Many thanks 

I would just like to add, I was made redundant with immediate effect and also paid a week in leui because of this

And also my holiday entitlement is 25 days plus bank Holidays etc 

Favorite Answer

Sounds correct. 

Consider yourself lucky.  There are very few employers who are going to give you 2.5 weeks of paid vacation in the first six months of employment. 

So if you had worked only a month, you think you would still be entitled to 25 days holidays?

Dream on Snowflake.

It is correct if you were expected to work there for a full year.

• Judy

Sounds right. What do you think it should be?

he might be right

If you leave your employment before taking all of your 'entitled holidays' you are no longer entitled to them.