Best place for shopping in Istanbul?

The Mall of Istanbul is the place I usually go to when I am in the city.The Grand Bazaar is also popular with tourists.

• Marc

The huge bazaar, The Grand Bazaar. If the seller does not have what you want, his cousin 30 seconds away by running does. The shop-keeper will just take off and come back with it or a reasonable facsimile!

Any of the markets are nice. Always talk price. They have nice antique Alladin's Lamps made by the shop-keeper, or maybe his brother. (BTW young men walk arm in arm, they are NOT gay... just walk closely!) They may start at $30, say you thought $10 was fair... walk away NO NO NO FOR YOU sir, $20. Answer No I wanted for $10, walk more, if HE doesn't offer for $15 turn and say how about $15? (convert to liras as you don't spend dollars).He will probably take the $15. If not you will see OTHER shops selling alladin lamps, woven tapestry

pillow covers, or whatever is in your key. ...and listen for the calls to prayer from the mosques. lstanbul is magnificent!

Go to Cappadocia and Pammakule if possible. The bus system is VERY dependable and convenient.2014 they still served sandwiches on the bus.FREE.