promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

True or false - the Bible is the most accurate history book of all time?

69 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

"TRUE"!!! Man's interpretations of scripture is the problem! Today there are so many different religions it's mind-boggling for anyone that is searching for the truth. People believe what they want to believe, take the heaven and hell doctrine, at death family thinks there's a soul that leaves our body? What about this (Ezekiel 18:4) Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul who sins is the one who will die. and this (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6) For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun.

What about a burning hell? (Revelation 20:10,14) And the Devil who was misleading them was hurled into the lake of fire and sulfur, where both the wild beast and the false prophet already were; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.14 And death and the Grave were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire.

So the Devil, death, the grave(hell, hades) are cast into the lake of fire where both the wild beast and the false prophet (both symbolic creatures) already were! This would mean symbolic creatures, death (someTHING that happens to the living) and the grave(hell hades) a place are cast into the lake of fire! The lake of fire is called the second death! Revelation 21:4 says) And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” Rev 20:14 says death and the grave(hell/hades) say are cast into the lake of fire and verse 4 of Rev 21 says they will be no more! Doesn't that mean the "Devil, the wild beast, the false prophet will be no more? Tormented in Bible times was to be put in stocks, meant confined, means confined in death!

This would explain Acts 24:15) And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.

This is what Christ-followers believed, look at what Martha Jesus at John 11:24) Martha said to him: “I know he will rise in the resurrection on the last day.”

So yes the Bible is the most accurate history and future events when you know its truths and not the babbling of false teachers! (2 Timothy 4:3-4)

• fixerken
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

TD is probably not from an Atheist, I would guess it comes from someone that professes to be a Christian! My reasoning is that Atheist do not believe in the Bible anyway so anything that disputes the so called Christian beliefs is fine with them!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 5 months ago

Its accuracy is certainly questionable.

There is zero evidence that Jews were ever in Egypt and all evidence seems to suggest they originated in and never departed from the Levant.  Many of the locations cited in the Bible during the supposed exodus did not exist until centuries after the exodus was supposed to have happened.

There is no evidence, not even trace evidence that cities called Sodom or Gomorrah ever existed, though I am sure a religious person will just argue that God smote it so there was nothing left, or something absurd like that.

The kingdom of David and Solomon did not encompass the area the Bible suggests, but was actually a very small area comparable to a minor city-state of the time.

Matthew and Luke contradict themselves on when Jesus was born.  Matthew says it was during Herod's reign, Luke says it was during the census when Quirinius governed Syria, which was a full decade after Herod died.

There is no record of Herod slaughtering infants, even from Flavius Josephus who chronicled his misdeeds.

There is no record of earthquakes or the sky going black during the time of Jesus's supposed death.

Pilate's court had records of all hearings and trials, but as luck would have it, it would appear the only trial that was not recorded was that of Jesus.  Whoops, right?

• ...Show all comments
    • Jon5 months agoReport

According to your logic, nobody has ever found the silver dollar George Washington threw across the Delaware, or the Hatchet he used to chop down the cherry tree... I guess that proves George Washington Never existed.

If you understood Logic, you would realize how stupid you sound.

• 5 months ago

False. As far as I can tell, the Bible is the least accurate book ever written.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

According to 2 Peter 1:20, 21 for no prophecy of scripture springs from any private interpretation. For prophecy at no time was brought by man’s will but men spoke from God as they were moved by Holy Spirit. Also, the Bible shows the accuracy of history even with the different kings that ruled at the time such as Cyrus according to Isaiah 44:27-45:2.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Yes ....................

• 5 months ago

The Bible was intended more for religious instruction than use as a history book

• 5 months ago

If science finds an error in it, they'd best recalculate because it has never been proved wrong.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

False. I was never written as a history book, though obviously it does include a lot of historical references. But it isn't the first place to look if history is your interest, only of God's Word is your interest.

• tenn
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Definitely false. It's only occasionally accurate.

• 5 months ago

The Bible is historical, prophetic, didactic, lyrical, and allegorical =/= history book.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.