Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

What is wrong with me?

Hello all,

I am 28 years old, and I’m starting to feel concerned. I often find myself forgetting things all of the time. and sometimes I have difficulty with memory and other times perfect recall. I feel like I transformed from super motivated, able to tackle anything to completely unmotivated. I force myself to gym and control negative thoughts through meditation, but I find colors less bright, food less tasteful, and socializing much less appealing than a few years ago. Is this part of the aging process? Does anyone else experience this? I make decent money, have a good education and I feel disappointed that I feel this way Because I should be more grateful for my blessings. 

Favorite Answer

The problems you describe could be accounted for with stress. It may be that what you need is to take your stress level down. How you would do that, I can't say, because you seem to be doing the things that are good for stress. I'll comment that the best stress management is personal - dealing with the things that stress you as an individual.

The word "depression" stands for a wide range of conditions. There are different levels of severity. Also, there's a condition sometimes called the doldrums, which is what doctors call a sub-clinical condition - something not bad enough to be diagnosed as depression.

If you took a screening test online such as CESD R, this could shed some light on your situation. I'll share some depression info with you. A lot of this is what you'd call stress management.

Why you'd be feeling this way, we can only guess. I'll take a couple of shots in the dark. These are just hunches.

Hunch 1: You're the kind of person who needs challenges and you're bored. You need a challenge.

Hunch 2: The fact that you're concerned about the aging process at 28 - which makes no sense whatsoever - suggests that as you approach 30 you're having a problem coming to grips with your mortality, something we all go through at one time or another.

Again, I'm just guessing.

For what it's worth, here's stress-depression info.

Treatment usually begins by seeing the GP, who can give you a physical and a referral. I mention referral because just a bottle of pills is not a very good approach. The things you'd want to tell the doctor are how you feel at different times of day, any symptoms you might have such as change in appetite or sleep, and things in your life affecting how you feel.

If you're depressed, I can't tell you exactly what you need. There's no one size fits all solution. I can tell you though that there are healthy lifestyle choices that can enhance the effects of the standard treatments with office visits. This answer has details, under DEPRESSION TREATMENTS.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20150...

The last part kind of says it all: "I feel disappointed that I feel this way Because I should be more grateful for my blessings." Relax, and accept yourself, and accept the mediocre days with the exceptional ones...we have far more normal, routine moments in our life...totally forgetable. Learn to enjoy those too. I spend every Saturday doing absolutely nothing. I have given myself permission to rest and accomplish nothing at all for 24 hours.

This is cool!!!!!!!

Not sure why you decided to include a picture, no one cares what you look like

You should see a doctor to rule out depression or any underlining issues.