Is it a good idea to register as a specific party?

Update:

I support some qualities of both parties and i dont think that you should choose one party and stick with it no matter what.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Yes, if you’d like to participate by voting in the primaries. However, the down side of registering w a party is the constant phone calls that can’t be blocked.

• marty
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I'm an independent because I liked some of both sides at one time. I'm rather stuck voting Republican now since the Democrats have nobody that I think will do a good job for America. I also don't agree with their stance on illegal immigrants.

• 1 month ago

The only advantage of 'belonging' to a party is that you can vote in their primaries.  In other countries, most people don't belong to a party, because to belong you need to pay dues and attend meetings.  Here  you 'belong' to a party simply by stating it on your voter registration.

I count myself as independent.  Actually I'm registered as Green Party because a guy with a clipboard came up to me on the street and told me the Greens needed a certain number of registered voters to get a candidate on the ballot.  So I helped him out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.