Sally
Sally asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

Was Chester Allan Arthur the first president of the United States of America that was not born in the United States of America???

• Marli
    Favorite Answer

Perhaps he was the first whose birth was questioned. His brother, a year or two older than he was, had to swear that Chester was born on the US side of the border. Since both brothers were the sons of a minister of the Gospel, it satisfied.

I think Chester was better for the few months of Canadian air he breathed, whether or not it was the first air he breathed.

The first ten or so were born in the Colonies, before the USA was founded.

No, the United States did not exist when the first seven Presidents were born. The first one born in the US was Martin Van Buren.

All I know is my peni-s will be in your butthole

No, he was born in Vermont.

But, Martin van Buren was the first President born in the US, as all prior President were both in the British colonies.

• Jolene

Nope. George Washington was.

Besides, Arthur was born in Vermont, which was a state at the time.

• Henry

I thought it was Obama!

• Sally

Hillary was the first to claim that Barack Hussein Obama was born in Kenya. But that claim was put to rest when Michelle Obama said his husband was born in Hawaii. .